• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Winch issue

SnoManX

Ok, I think I already know the answer but want to ask the audience.

I went to hook up the plow tonight and all I got was the "click". It started fine, handwarmers worked, lights were bright but is the answer still the battery? I checked the connections and they were tight and corrosion free. I did find a deep water hole over T-day and had water past the headlights, so I put a heater on it for a half hr to unthaw it in case something was froze up, still "clicking"!

i've had warn winches for several years, and they are a great winch. Never had the 3.0 though just the 2000-2500 lb and they did the job and then some for me.

Same here. I haven't had trouble with them at all, but some have.

If I didn't buy the Polaris winch, it would have been the XT 3.0. Ramsey has very good winches also. I just didn't care for their switches. The new wireless remote thing.....I just don't see a need for it.

I've been having the same thing lately with my Ramsey winch. I never got it to work at all last winter, which was a pain for plowing. Sometime this summer it started working again and it worked every time I tried it. Now that it got cold, I went to hook up the plow the other night and all I got was a click. I got frustrated, went in for supper and when I came back out it worked! It has worked for plowing 2 times now.

I am not sure what causes it but if I find out I will report it here.

My warn 2500lb did this last year. I found a worn spot on the power wire under my front fender, somehow it wore through. Then after that was fixed, it started to click again. About a week later I got a recall notice on the contactor box. They sent me a new one, no problem since!

My warn 2500lb did this last year. I found a worn spot on the power wire under my front fender, somehow it wore through. Then after that was fixed, it started to click again. About a week later I got a recall notice on the contactor box. They sent me a new one, no problem since!

If its a Warn I would check this contactor box as well, I had issues with this with clicking and no power. They should even send you one free, they were good to me. Its a simple fix to try anyway

Some of the contactors were recalled a few years ago. The warn HSOforum explains it.

Big Dave, first I heard of a failure with Ramsey, but there aren't quite as many out there. Hope it's something simple for ya to fix.

SnowManX,

Did you resolve you problem with the winch? My winch is starting to act similar. Sometimes now when I am plowing and I push the button to raise the plow I get the click from the contactor but the winch does not work. But if I push the button to let out alittle more cable it works. Then if I push the rocker switch back the other way then the winch works and up goes the plow. Then it will work fine for awhile, then it stops working again, but only when you run cable in or lift the plow up.

It is a brand new winch and I did not install it wrong. I think that I will contact the company and see what they recommend.

Krats, nope still haven't got it working yet. I checked the solenoir/contractor and power on both sides. It did real a few feet of cable out but when I tried to suck it back in, there was nothing. The shop can't get it in until the 30th. It worked fine when I unspooled it, cleaned it up in October, and re-wound it up...and it hasn't been touched since.