• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Choke for No 4 buck

Walleyes - great point, I'm guilty of not patterning my gun. How does the dead coyote choke compare to a modified? Whats the constriction?

I'm not looking for a really tight pattern as I use the shotgun when hunting with hounds and if its thick and I have the scattergun its gonna be close and probably moving fast - or way too far away and I wish I had the rifle!

Walleyes - great point, I'm guilty of not patterning my gun. How does the dead coyote choke compare to a modified? Whats the constriction?

I'm not looking for a really tight pattern as I use the shotgun when hunting with hounds and if its thick and I have the scattergun its gonna be close and probably moving fast - or way too far away and I wish I had the rifle!

I'm using a dead coyote tube on mine with no.4 buck. I believe the constriction is .660 if memory serves. I'll pull it out of the safe tomorrow and check it. If it's different, I'll post back with the correct figure.

If your work is in close, the dead coyote tube may not be what you're looking for. In my Rem 1100, it holds quite tight out to 50 yards. May need to give the dead coyote loads a try in a smaller size. In close, that tube/load combo may open up the yodel dog pretty good. How good are you with a needle and thread?

There was a good article in Field and Stream or Outdoorlife about a month back on this issue. The article went over lots of loads and choke sizes. If you can find it...read it. I will look tonight to see which one.

Originally Posted By: Cooter

I'm using a dead coyote tube on mine with no.4 buck. I believe the constriction is .660 if memory serves. I'll pull it out of the safe tomorrow and check it. If it's different, I'll post back with the correct figure.

If your work is in close, the dead coyote tube may not be what you're looking for. In my Rem 1100, it holds quite tight out to 50 yards. May need to give the dead coyote loads a try in a smaller size. In close, that tube/load combo may open up the yodel dog pretty good. How good are you with a needle and thread?

Yep Good Post! I have shot coyotes as far as 60 yards and as close as 5 yards with it. My gun loves that combination.