• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Deer vs grill

A deer decided to challenge the grill of my 2002 F150 in a contact sport. The grill lost. I've checked on the web and the prices are $175 to $225. Can I trust the on line shops or should I go to a dealer?

Yes, what Airjer said above or you could also try Certi-Fit in Vadnais Heights for a good as OEM, but not the full price replacement.

Their on-line catilog has them ranging from about $37-$73, depending on which one you have.

Good luck

Be careful with Sorta-Fit, I am Certi-Fit, smile their prices are real cheap but you get what you paid for. Some parts do not fit right. I once bought a bumper for a Honda Civic that took three people at the same time to install it on the car. The bumper looked correct but when you examined it real close the angles of the bumper was wrong. So six hands had to force spread the bumper install on the car. Then on my next Civic I bought an OEM one and it went in like butter.

Yep! You want to make sure it is the right on when buying it.

They will let you open it and bring it out to your truck or car to make sure it is right.

But once it is installed, you own it wink.

It is not OEM stuff, but I have bought several things now and have not had an issue. They where outside mirrors, tail light lenses, headlight lenses and chrome side strips. I also know many people who buy body panels from them and they have worked out great.

Make sure it is what you want before it is purchased.

Plus, all my experiences are with domestic vehicle parts, not imports.

That may be the key wink