• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

could of been record buck?

adamr

Im looking for this magazine ? Have any of you ever read the article publised in a magazine about two brothers up in canada along time ago that got on horse back would find a deer track and trail it till they found the deer. The article stated that if they even ever seen a deer it was luck. Anyway they followed this track eventuallly it led them to this huge buck he shot it with a 44-40 lever action or some odd caliber. The deer rack was so big it wouldnt fit in a 32' door.They tried to mearsure it based off his arm length and said it could be the record. Someone took for him to a taxidermist and never got it back. Id love to find that article again the picture looked to be back in the 30s and I read the magazine about 10 to 15 years ago it was kind of a odd magazine.thanks

Sounds like you are describing the story of the Jim Jordan Buck, the former world record before Milo Hanson came along. Jordan shot the buck in 1914 in Danbury, WI using a .25-35 caliber rifle. He brought the rack to a taxidermy and never saw it again for 60 years. Somehow, it turned up at a rummage sale in Sandstone, MN and was bought (incredibly) by a family member of Jim Jordan! Here's a link to the story for more details:

http://sports.espn.go.com/outdoors/tv/co...hitetail_record

I was reading a story of this group of brothers in Canada, I think Canada, and they do the same thing. Pick up tracks, decide which to follow and pursue it all day. Their names are the Benoit Brothers, not related to the wrestler, there is a book or two written about them.

I was reading a story of this group of brothers in Canada, I think Canada, and they do the same thing. Pick up tracks, decide which to follow and pursue it all day. Their names are the Benoit Brothers, not related to the wrestler, there is a book or two written about them.

They were/are from Maine

Ive done some checking and none of these stories are the same as the one im looking for. But the jordan story is good. The story Im looking for had a picture of the two brothers the guy holding the deer was tall and skiny and I think he had a old rold cigarette hanging out of his mouth. This story im looking for is as good or better than the jordan story. Any advice would be appreciated thanks