• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Best trail camera?

Jeff S

I was using them, but found that the expense of buying and then having to process the film added up to fast. I am partly at fault as I like the one hour photo so I can see what's on them. It was way cheaper to buy the digital cameras. I use them enough that it saves me the price of the camera in processing easily each year. In addition, it sometimes takes a long time to fill a film roll and I don't have the patience to wait for 36 photos or whatever size you get to finish off so I found myself wasting pricey film. Either way rechargeable batteries are a must.

amen to the rechargeable batteries. im currently running two wildview extreme 3's and a moultrie(forgot what model moultrie). the only downside to the wildviews is that they have a junky flash but they work great over a salt lick in the summer or pointing parrellel down a trail. the moultrie has a great flash and awesome battery life, but there has been more then one occasion were it didnt take any pics even though i no there were deer in front of it. if you've been hunting the same land for many years trail cams are just for fun. but i move around alot bowhunting public land and trail cams are a must if hunting a new spot. i usually find a new spot early spring shed hunting and then set up a cam during the summer. if i dont get a picture of a nice buck in the area, then i consider it a waste of time and move to a different spot.

I just went yesterday to grab my T-Cam, I've had it out every day since Bow opener, I figured by now my batteries would be low, walked up to it and it read 71 %. Checked out the photo's and took it in for the year. So 3 months and a month of cold weather, couldn't be happier about that. I have that 229.00 Moultree that Cabela's had on sale forever. Go with whatever you wish, hope yours is a winner, from what I see on the trail cam photo's most of them seem to perform well.

3 months of pics - any to post? I've heard great things about both the Scout Guard & Reconyx trail cams. I've only used Cuddeback No Flash cams and although they're not bad, I think there are better models available. One thing is for certain, no matter which model you choose, you'll most likely want another one. They're a fun toy.

I think first I need to get the pictures from my non-internet computer to my internet computer, those are 2 hours apart unfortunately. I'll ge them on here soon, I'll have more time also in a week or 2. Musket, pheasants,geese add in playing some hockey, time has been limited. Also making a mock scrape under the x-mas tree branches after you showed us that honey and her collection of trophy bucks, must be pre rut because the wife did a lot of runnin and didn't go near the scrape. smile