• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

This was disgusting!

The part about them all being roosters and all gathered in one location doesn't support the predator theory. A predator won't be descriminatory about taking only roosters. While some, like wolves and coyotes, may try to hide their catch, I don't think I've ever heard where they will create any kind of storage pile. Even if they did, I suspect they would try to hide it by covering their kill with leaves, sticks, and other debris and it wouldn't likely be in a road ditch. Too much activity and too much out in the open.

That's my opinion.

Bob

Oh yes. The heads were removed on most of them but they weren't gone. All the body parts were right there in the pile. Weird is all I can think.

I've been seeing big bachelor groups of roosters here in Northfield lately. The Arbs of both Olaf and Carleton are full of these groups of roosters with no hens. So it's possible that single gender groups are down there as well and subject to a preditor.

As an aside, no hunting is allowed in the arbs and I have noticed a much higher ratio of roosters to hens on my walks. The roosters push the hens out of good cover exposing them to predation and the elements. So shoot those roosters and we will have more birds total for the following year.

I have a cat that gets out no matter how hard I try to block the door. Everynight she comes home with a present to leave on the door step with its head chewed off, but she never leaves the guts in a pile.

On ocassion I will breast a pheasant that is shot up bad in the back and remove the legs leaving a whole looking carcass. Sometimes the guts hanging out. I have also dumped the carcasses back on my farm for the animals to clean up rather than leave them in the hotel garbage. Someone looking at this practice from a far or coming opon the pile might think it looks fishy.

My vote leans toward human intervention, but you never know. Hans