• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Venny Steak Recipies....

Just looking for some different ideas for preparing venision steaks. I am having a buch of guys over for a pre-bachelor party feast and want to prepare some good chow in the form of venison, something with rice or noodles might be the ticket, fill the gut prior to excessive beer consupmtion... whistle

Anyway, what are some awesome recipe ideas that ya'll have tried and enjoyed...

Thanks alot!

Here is a recipe that is suppose to use short ribs but I have adapted it for beef but we tried it with venison and it turned out great. My buddy tried this with venison over egg noodles and he and his 16 son loved it but I have yet to try it myself. If you like heat you will want to add more ground red pepper.

Koran BBQ beef

Ingredients:

3 lb ball tip steak or for that matter any steak of your choosing

2/3 cup green onions , thinly sliced

1/2 cup soy sauce

1/2 cup water

1/4 cup dark roasted sesame oil

2 1/2 Tbl brown sugar packed

1 1/2 Tbl sesame seeds , toasted and crushed

1 small head of garlic crushed

3 Tbl of ginger , grated

1 Tbl ground red pepper

1/8 Tsp of fresh ground Szechuan pepper corns ( I use black pepper)

1 Head Romaine lettuce

3 cups cooked brown rice

Cut beef into 3/8 to 1/2 inch strips and take all of the above ingredients and put in a bowl or I like to use a 1 gallon ziplock and add meat and let it marinate for at least 12 hours and up to 24 and be sure to turn it or mix it it up occasionally. Preheat gas grill to medium or have your charcoal ready to cook on. remove beef from marinate; reserve marinate.Place strips on grill so that they don't fall thru and cook for 5 to 6 minutes and flip and spoon on marinate on all the strips. I like to keep the strips tight together so the marinate is easier to apply. Cook 2 to 3 cups of brown rice and tear up some romaine lettuce leaves. Take a leaf and add some brown rice and then add some beef strips on top of it and eat it like a taco.

I might be too late with this, but this is what I usually throw together for a boys weekend up at the lake:

Venison Stroganoff

2 1/2 # Venison Steak or Roast

1 bottle of marinade

2 tsp Salt

3 T Flour

4 T Butter

2 Med. Onion

1 Clove Garlic

1/8 tsp Pepper

2 Tbls Paprika

½ Pint Sour Cream

2 1/2 Cups Bouillon

1-2 Tbls Creamy Horseradish

Cooked Egg Noodles

Cut Venison into one inch strips and marinade overnight.

Dredge beef in flour, brown in butter. Add onion, garlic & seasonings. Sauté till brown.

Add bouillon and simmer for 1 hour.

Add Sour Cream & Horseradish

Serve over Egg Noodles

Also might be late but for steaks I like doing a homemade teryaki type marinade then grilling.

equal parts soy, worcestshire, with a bit of olive oil, a squirt of lemon juice, and a bit of brown sugar and a touch of honey. Marinate overnight in the fridge, then grill. Great if served with wild rice and spinach or kale

Also you absolutely cannot go wrong with red wine and venison - throw some salt and pepper in some red wine and marinate overnight