• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I AM MARSHAL

ikeslayer

What if you had some serious gut rot going on a needed to [PoorWordUsage] while you're a marshal? Would the pro's take you back to a porta-potty? LOL

Nope, but we could learn from Matt Reed -- I remember him saying "If I don't go now, its going to go for me". He had to take a dump over the side of the boat in the middle of Lake Erie last year.

I fished with these guys last year in the Elite Series on Old Hickory and Lake Erie:

Matt Reed

Davy Hite

John Murray

Preston Clark

Mark Tyler

Scott Campbell

Scott, Matt, John, and Preston were all super nice guys. The other 2, well, maybe they woke up on the wrong side of the bed the day I fished with them. Now that there's no more co-anglers maybe they will be better. I don't think Mark liked it when I held up 2 4.5lb smallies and asked him which he thought was bigger because I had to cull 1 of them. He had 2 dinks in the box at the time. grin

Cecil,

Yes, the water was terribly dirty when I fished it. To be honest, I don't think I had ever fished water that dirty before. When caught my first bass that day I had to take a second look at it... I thought it was a drum because it was so white. We prob. hit it at a better time though - pre-spawn/spawn. We caught all our fish on beavers, finesse jigs, black chatterbaits, and black spinnerbaits.

I was a marshal and rode with Guy Eaker and Matt Reed. It was awesome. I also had an hr long conversation with Kevin Short where I picked his brain on anything that came to mind. The water looked like chocolate milk and all the pros were [PoorWordUsage] that they were down there. The fishery seems to be doing tough right now, and st. croix is right, the bass look very white. Some of the pros think the fish are dying there with all the silt in the water. Anyway, it was a fun experience and the guys seemed to be very conversational and glad to have marshals instead of co-anglers. Most of the guys like the co-anglers as people, but it just added another variable that took away from pro vs pro competition.

Carl