• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The Single Most Important Thing...

JigginIsLife

I do not have a flasher, and also do not catch many fish through the ice...now that I know I need some lighter weight line, who would like to teach me the proper knots and placement? smile

Dustin

I have picked up various tips from attending a few FM ice get togethers, easy to talk to the others that we converse with on here. I honestly never would have tried for cats thru the ice if I hadn't went to the Cool Cats get together a few years back, now I try to fish them more often with a light rod and line smile

I call it "Time on the tool" and you don't get time on the tool if you don't have the tool in your hand, and some type of lure in the water.

Most important thing????? Get out there!!!!!

Moreso in the winter than the summer, my family eats a lot of fish. We eat a lot of fish cuz we're fishing a lot. You'll never catch anything if you arn't fishing. Turn off the TV, un-plug the kids X-box, get off the couch, and go fishing.

Everything everyone else mentioned works too. grin

I do not have a flasher, and also do not catch many fish through the ice...now that I know I need some lighter weight line, who would like to teach me the proper knots and placement? smile

Dustin

Like somethingfishy stated, attend some get togethers this winter. Not only will you have a whale of a good time, you'll be slightly amazed at how everyone is more than willing to share info, tips, tricks, and the latest greatest tactic.

Take a peek in the south central forum. They're doing something kind of cool this winter with the monthly get together type thing. Also, Mankato is aboot 1 1/2 hours from Lake Sarah, and the Sarah Saturday event is planned in the SW MN forum. Check em out.

No doubt the most important thing is my equipment. Without a good auger (Nils), house (Otter), flasher (LX-5), rods and reels (Too Many ;))and gps with chips Ice Fishing wouldnt be nearly as fun and enjoyable or productive.

One thing I think is important that I can bring to the game is determination.

Yes there are many days where Im just out to kick back and enjoy the day with some friends but when Im on my game and I need to find the fish we lost from yesterday I think Determination is a good thing to have.

If I go at something half punked I never get very good results unless "Lady Luck" comes into play and I always love having her on my side. grin