Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wish-I-Were-Fishn

email suggestions

8 posts in this topic

I have a new business HSOforum and I'm wanting to know what the best way to go would be for email.

I use gmail for my personal stuff, but want my business email to be more professional.

I was thinking some sort of webmail client, but I don't like the indexing as shown below:

>this is a message

>from me about

>using email

I like the idea of webmail because I can check it from any 'puter and save the files on the web space instead of my computer, which is why I've steered away from Thunderbird, Outlook, etc.

Who do you host the site with?

You should get a hand full of e-mails at least with the website.

You get some that have your domain name between the @ and dot and com, with what ever you want in front of the @.

Should get at least about 5.

You can always intergrate your HSOforum with Google mail. So then you check your personal HSOforum email through google. Just a thought.

You can always intergrate your HSOforum with Google mail. So then you check your personal HSOforum email through google. Just a thought.

I will check into this option, since I like gmail.

Originally Posted By: HuntFish Tv

I will check into this option, since I like gmail.

I agree. I set my company's domain mail through google after the spam got so bad. Its excellent.

You, nor your customers will know its being routed though google, its easy, and its free.

I am sorry, I understand what you where asking now crazyblush

When I check one of my websites e-mail (I do have a quick link saved in favs now), but I would go to my hosting site (Go Daddy), go/sign into my account, find the e-mail link, sign in to my e-mail and all of it is right their.

Now, would a person be better off using Google for this?

I have never been a fan of Outlook.

If your domain and e-mail is through godaddy, and you set your mail up through google, you would be able to check your mail via google, or any pop3 mail client. You first have add a small file from google to your www folder of your webserver.

google - 'google mail for business apps', It explains the whole deal.

Thanks, I will check into that!