• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

1st annual 'Boji Bonanza! An HSO Get Together

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Agronomist!!! I saw an AG Parters truck in the parking lot that day... Was that your truck? Next time you will just have to stop by and say hi...

Yea, Had the yellow honda 4 wheeler and blue clam flip over. Thought about it, but nobody was outside of their shack. So, I just kept going.

Originally Posted By: hondarider550
Hey Agronomist!!! I saw an AG Parters truck in the parking lot that day... Was that your truck? Next time you will just have to stop by and say hi...

Yea, Had the yellow honda 4 wheeler and blue clam flip over. Thought about it, but nobody was outside of their shack. So, I just kept going.

I had a blue Suzuki King Quad 300 pulling a Frabil shack that day... Next time we get to the lake we will have to make sure that we say hi.

I usually like using the Quad to pull the shack around the lake. Just hop on and go.

A little late, but the boy and I made it around 11:00. Great to meet some new fishing partners. Didn't see a darn thing the whole time on West, besides the ones in the bucket. We ended up leaving about 3:00 and went to Spirit. It was pretty slow until we started to leave. By then there wasn't enough time to get any of them out of the hole. I will have to try to make an afternoon/night trip this year. Really hope this is an annual event. Could really use something like this that is close. Still looking to make the Sarah outing too.

Where is everyone from? Anyone from the Paullina/Le Mars area? Pretty new to this section of the site (usually in the Lake of the Woods forum) but it's nice to hear of some ice fishin gettin' done closer to home! Sounds like a decent trip to the lakes. I sure know how spotty it can be!

We had a slow day as well. I got a Northern first thing in the morning and then I feel asleep in the bunk and didn't wake up until about 5 p.m. I was really looking forward to meeting everyone but I think I enjoyed myself a bit much the three days before the event.

I am hoping with all the snow we have had I can get my perm off of Okoboji and back over to Spirit.

Where is everyone from? Anyone from the Paullina/Le Mars area? Pretty new to this section of the site (usually in the Lake of the Woods forum) but it's nice to hear of some ice fishin gettin' done closer to home! Sounds like a decent trip to the lakes. I sure know how spotty it can be!

NW Iowa here, live in sheldon.

Originally Posted By: Agronomist_at_IA

I had a blue Suzuki King Quad 300 pulling a Frabil shack that day... Next time we get to the lake we will have to make sure that we say hi.

I usually like using the Quad to pull the shack around the lake. Just hop on and go.

Did you stay by the landing, or get out farther into the bay. Kind of funny, but my brother for some reason was keeping an eye on a Frabil shack that day. The one he was watching moved quite a bit and my brother made the comment that they couldn't be catching much. LOL if it was you, you couldn't have done worse then us. Not even a bite and we moved 3-4 times.

Originally Posted By: Agronomist_at_IA

Yea' date=' Had the yellow honda 4 wheeler and blue clam flip over. Thought about it, but nobody was outside of their shack. So, I just kept going.

I usually like using the Quad to pull the shack around the lake. Just hop on and go. [/quote']

Did you stay by the landing, or get out farther into the bay. Kind of funny, but my brother for some reason was keeping an eye on a Frabil shack that day. The one he was watching moved quite a bit and my brother made the comment that they couldn't be catching much. LOL if it was you, you couldn't have done worse then us. Not even a bite and we moved 3-4 times.

When we got to the lake we stopped by and talked to Perchpounder. He said that we should just set up shack next to Muc33's permanant shack that he had there. We fished there most of the day until I got out and just had to go and bug Muc33 for awhile. I just rode the Quad over there. So yes we stayed closer to the shore that day...

By the way I work in Sheldon and live by Little Rock. What a small world. I teach welding at NCC so we might have run across each other at one point or another... I also operate a hog finishing operation at my home. A jack of all trades... a master of none I guess... smile

I live on a farm by Little Rock and I work in Sheldon. I have a few motorcycle riding friends from the Paullina area....

I'm from Paullina originally and went to NCC for automotive- graduated in 2000. I took a little welding as part of the auto. course. You may have been my instructor. So, where's the hot bite up there fellas? Should warm up nice this weekend. Got on a bunch of small perch off Stoney Point a couple weeks ago. Would love to get into some eaters.

Originally Posted By: Iowabrewcrew

I live on a farm by Little Rock and I work in Sheldon. I have a few motorcycle riding friends from the Paullina area....

Interesting........Since your by little rock do you ever Go to Okebena or Round? Haven't made it to Round the last two years. Everytime we head out though my brother wants to go to round.

hay agronomist at ia i usually fish with hondarider550 i am from north of little rock and i have a lot of relatives in sheldon my uncle Brad works for the elv. thereand my uncle Ron owns Ron Drenkow motors hop to get out fishing this weekend

Hey Jeremy!!!! Yea I remember you crazy There really isnt much we can teach in a short course like you had... Most of the time in those short classes I can teach the student just enough for them to be extremely dangerous... LOL Just kidding... So where are you working now? I think that Rick and the other guys would be happy to hear about what you are doing.

What a small world isnt it...

At Motor Inn of Le Mars... I've actually seen Rick in there a time or 2, though it's been a while ago. He was toteing around some ethanol literature! Imagine that... I'm quite possibly the only 1 out of that class still in the field (at least out of the people I've talked to.) The shop is doing real well otherwise, and most days I love what I do. Good to hear from ya

It's great to hear from you too... You will have to stop by sometime when you are in Sheldon. We did a remodel of the shop a year ago and it looks totally different than you remember it. If I remember right didn't I have a brother or some relative of yours in my class a couple years ago too?

Rex retired so now Rick is the one that goes around promoting the ethanol stuff. Rex still works with the ethanol promotion too yet but not as much since the funding for the project was cut. Imagine that...

This is totally a small world...

Wow, this is getting smaller. I am from Moville. Have been my whole life. I went to Sheldon for Turck and Diesl. Class of '87. I am very familar with the Sheldon area. I remember Ron Drenkow dealership. I had my High School shop teachers brother-in-law for my Diesel instructor. Jerry Ashmore. I remember a Rex fella from the autmotive side. I think that he taught my tune up class. Yes I also took welding there too. Liked it alot. It is fun work. I work south of Le Mars at a trailer manufacturer. I will actually be in Le Mars tomorrow too, for there youth wrestling tournament. Holy cow, need to have another outing in that area so we can trade some more stories.

so the games are this coming weekend??

if that is the case i can cut my plans for coming down to fish west this weekend....

i did good on the eyes but poor on the sunnis out on emerson.

i had the day glow carhart stocking cap with the black honda wheeler/x2.

we tore up the eyes that night on a rock pile 25fow...very fun!

This really is a small world... We really should have another outing pretty soon to catch up on some stories about NCC and the surrounding area... MoparMarv graduated from NCC too and I believe he probably had the same instructors that you did back then. Only thing is that it was either Guy Johnston or Harvey Van Royen that taught the welding around 87. I know Harvey took over after Guy and taught for about 4 years.

This is really a small world.