• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Perm plans, pics

hoggsback

So I was given a free trailer from a friend, a 7x14 drop axle. Only needs new tires and redo the drop down cranks.

I need some ideas on how to build this house. I searched old posts but didn't really find what I was looking for except for a bunch of photos Kylersk had of his build. Thanks by the way!

Anyone have any plans, drawings, photos, ideas on how to build it? This is my first drop house and I want to build it right and light.

Good place to start is look at some other houses and the way their floor plans are and how will they suit your needs.There are so many variables that you need to consider.I have friends that build empty boxes and if you want to fish with them bring a cote and a chair.And others that put every thing including the kitchen sink in.For weight I tend to lean towards the simple.Another thing to consider is how sturdy is your frame and axles?I have done some searches online but most of what I found you have to purchase the plans.About $30.Good luck!

One thing that I've found is that the dinette at the rear, while nice for playing cards, eating and socializing, isn't good for fishing for long periods of time. You're either sitting towards the table, twisted towards hole, or your sitting off the end with no back rest.

In my newest fish house, I put the dinette on the side, and made it as narrow as I'd feel comfortable sleeping on. So far, it's worked out pretty well. For a back rest, I just use a couple cushions.

At the back, I put in the bed of one of those cheap black metal futons. Couch during the day, unfolds into a large bed at night. Works great!