• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Guiding Light...

Due to horrendous conditions, the Red River's famous fall "greenback run" is down for the count for the remainder of the open water season. This has forced me to venture an hour drive north the Pine Falls and fish for greenbacks on the Winnipeg River and Traverse Great action, but the Winnipeg never come remotely close to producing trophy 'eyes like the Red.

Seen here, is a couple of my guests with typical Pine Falls greenbacks...

396_9682-1.png

Upon traveling back up river to the boat launch yesterday, I couldn't help notice this old Box Alder tree and the way in which the suns rays were streaming through a large hole in the tree trunk. I had to stop and capture a few quick photo's, here's what I got.

397_9739-1.png

397_9752-1.png

By the way, this couple has landed approximately 70 walleye during the past two days. The fish average 3 to 4 pounds, this is typical of Pine Falls.

Good stuff Stu. I spent quite a few falls up at Pine Falls, until the fishing slowed down enough for me to stop making the long drive up. The heydays of the mid to late 90's at Pine Falls and the Red were a blast.

We do have some nice photos of some sumo greenies for memories though. I've been thinking of making the run up there again, maybe next year.