Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishmon

Fishapalooza 2009

19 posts in this topic

I just heard from an official source Fishapalooza has been cancelled for 2009 due to the economy. They hope to be back for 2010.

Seems to be jumping the gun a bit on the gloom and doom of the economy doesn't it?

I was told sponsor involvement was way down

I guess that makes sense as a reason to cancel.

too bad to hear that. hopefully the state still has a few good tourneys.

I know that two of the coordinators for that are on FM so hopefully we will get an official word on that. I can see that being a factor though with companies advertising and sponsorship money being allocated to business funds as opposed to the sponsorship funds.

come up to Alexandria in February for the ice fishing challenge. 100,000 in prizes. Lots of fun, great, well run tournement. Hope to see you all there.

[note from admin- please read forum policy before posting again.]

There's always Brainerd Jaycees and Mille Lacs DU tourys too.

I'd like to know if that is true or not. That was a great tournement last yeat and was looking forward to doing it again this year as it's for a great cause.

Hello gents,

The cancellation of the event really was a compilation of a number of reasons. Perhaps the largest was (as mentioned above) that a couple of the very biggest sponsors will not participate this year for various reasons of their own.

Very much hope to be back in 2010 though.

See you on the ice !

From what I have found on the web Ice Team, Clam, Strikemaster, Vexilar will be at the Bass Lake Contest in Somerset on that weekend instead.

JD...haven't seen any ads. But can tell you for sure that Fishapalooza is off for this year.

Their HSOforum is still advertising the contest. And my daughter that lives in Chaska brought tickets down to sell. She just got them in the mail. All prizes are listed, etc. So it does not look like it has been cancelled to me. It has gone on for 51 years now.

Their HSOforum is still advertising the contest. And my daughter that lives in Chaska brought tickets down to sell. She just got them in the mail. All prizes are listed, etc. So it does not look like it has been cancelled to me. It has gone on for 51 years now.

Sorry Dr Thunder, but your mistaken. There is not going to be a Fishapalooza contest this year and the HSOforum is not advertising a contest for 2009.

We had problems getting sponsors. Because of the economy, sponsors were reluctant to come aboard this year. Without sponsors and prizes.... it would be a pretty lame contest.

It sucks because last year was a huge success. We raised $30,000 for charity and had a lot of fun doing it.

So the plan is to do it again it 2010. Hopefully the economy turns around by then.

Sorry guys! frown

Dan

Ok, thanks. But here is their HSOforum with the ad still on it.

http://chaskafire.org/home.htm

Originally Posted By: Dr Thunder

Sorry Dr Thunder, but your mistaken. There is not going to be a Fishapalooza contest this year and the HSOforum is not advertising a contest for 2009.

We had problems getting sponsors. Because of the economy, sponsors were reluctant to come aboard this year. Without sponsors and prizes.... it would be a pretty lame contest.

It sucks because last year was a huge success. We raised $30,000 for charity and had a lot of fun doing it.

So the plan is to do it again it 2010. Hopefully the economy turns around by then.

Sorry guys! frown

Dan

Yes, it looks like a tournament is on in Chaska. The Fishapalooza was in Forest Lake and, as you can see on their HSOforum, is canceled this year. http://www.icefishingforestlake.com/index.html

Like some on here have said, there are still quite a few great tournaments. I'll be in Brainerd this weekend. Maybe I'll drive home in a new truck.

Grouser