• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

SODAK Reports

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any updates on the standing corn? I'm sure the weather last weekend put the harvest on hold? I was out there 2 weeks ago and most of it was still up - specifically wondering about the Aberdeen area...

Thanks!

Kyle, thanks for the update... Glad to hear the blizzard warning was cancelled and you did not get that much snow...

Sounds like you had an opportunity for a really nice buck... All of us that have hunted for a long time have had our opportunities and come up short.... You will get you big boy...it will happen when you least expect it... Just keep at it!

Will be back out in the Ipswich area the 1st of Dec...Hopefully most of the corn will be in..

Can't wait to get back to your wonderful area... MN is great but SD is awesome!

Well I wouldn't count on all of the corn being down by then.. It is still a very slow process, and the corn isn't really getting any dryer. We are drying nearly every bushel we take in, and I heard reports of some elevators in the area actually cutting farmers off. Its a pretty crazy situation.

I actually got another chance at a nice buck, this time with the rifle. I got him and he is the biggest one I have shot in my life, so that is good and the first "wallhanger." I am going still try to get one with my bow though.

Way to go Kyle on the ""wall hanger... Your area does have some really nice deer. Glad that you could harvest one of the big ones.

The forecast for the next ten days looks pretty good without much in the way of rain or snow. That should help with the corn drying process. My next door neighbor sells grain dryers across the Dakota's, MN and parts of Canada and he is really having a good year.

My son and I are looking forward to being back in your area on Dec 1.

Anyone been hunting around Redfield or Webster area? What do the crops look like and hows the huntung been?

I'll be in south Hand County (south of Miller) on the first weekend in December and will report back.

I just got back from a 4 day hunt in the Huron area and the corn is coming down FAST! Seems like just about everyone was out picking in that area. There still is quite a bit of standing corn around Watertown. Hunting was good! Cattails are really wet and not frozen enough to get out into, but the birds were not in them that much because of all the water.