• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fall Lures??

Whats your favorite fall lures? Do most people start chucking big jerkbaits? Spinnerbaits?

Im heading to the east side of Mille Lacs for the weekend and Im wondering what I should key on? Big Jerkbaits around those rock bars im thinking? Any other ideas.....

I know a lot of guys on Mille Lacs in the fall really like twitching the large cranks over rocks while trying to make frequent contact with the rocks. Big Rubber and jerk-baits the same way I would imagine.

I would try that for sure.

RU

Hiya -

For plugs and such, I like big, flat-sided crankbaits like Jakes fished as a jerkbait (fill one with oil to make it neutrally buoyant sometime - really a great cold water bait), and jerkbaits like Bobbie Baits, Magic Makers and Burts, or weighted suicks. Also really getting to like big soft plastics like Red October tubes in cold water, or jigs like the Bait Rigs Cobra.

Day in and day out though, I could live with single spin spinnerbaits most of the fall. I put on a big old M&G Lunker single spin about 3 weeks ago and haven't taken it off since. Hard to go wrong with them...

Cheers,

Rob Kimm

Erik -

Yep - pretty much all there is to it.

I drill two holes, one at the high point on the Jake's back to squirt the oil in (a syringe helps), and the other down a little bit to let air out. Test it in a sink and squirt in a few CCs of oil (any kind works really) at a time. I put oil in until the thing just barely floats. Then take some round toothpicks, cram them in the holes you drilled, and break them off flush with the bait body, clean any spilled oil off, and seal it up with 5-min epoxy. Epoxy works better than silicone. Silicone peels off over time.

Cheers,

Rob Kimm