• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

More camper cabins needed

So here's a thought: with the high price of gas, and smaller cars, I think there is a need for more camper cabins in our state parks.

I think more people would camp if it didn't require all of the work and equipment. I would prefer to use one if there was one available, but they are always reserved.

Yes, I know I could reserve one a year in advance, but that just doesn't work for me.

I am wondering if my 1 year Mn state park pass was a waste of money. I tried on 5 different weekends to book a spot at Flandrau in New Ulm, each time a couple weeks in advance, and they are always full it seems. If more cabins opens up some spots, I am all for it

Mille Lacs Kathio is nearly half booked for next Memorial Weekend and Bear Paw in Itasca is nearly all booked for the last weekend in September 2009. I got the last electric site in Crow Wing for Memorial.

I wouldn't wait too long to make weekend reservations for any campground for next summer.

I don't know about camper cabins specifically but we certainly seen to need more campgrounds. It is pretty tough to plan a camping trip a year ahead of time when you have kids that are in activities. As our kids get older it gets tougher each year.