Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bassNspear

Sitting In New Muzzy

9 posts in this topic

GOt my new muzzy a few weeks back, and looking to go and site it in with the scope and open sites.

How do you guys usally go about it when your siting in the scope?

Jason- I would get it lazor or bore sighted, that should get you close. From there, its just shoot and adjust. Some like to sight in at 25 yards, and that should get you pretty close at 100 as well.

What'd you get?

As Deitz said. Have scope mounted on and bore sighted in. I usually start at 50yds when starting out "green". Take a shot, if it's way off I'd go ahead and make some adjustments. Go through all the cleaning rituals. Repeat until you get close, then fine tune things at 100 yds. Eventually when you think your there (I like being a coupld of inches high at 100yds) your going to want to take a couple more just to make sure you've got it where you want it.

I think im going to take it to Gander and have them set it up for me.

I bought a 50 Cal

Thanks for the help

Are you planning on using it in minnesota and if so a scope is illegal on a muzzle loader in MN, Dont mean to burst your bubble or anything like that. just an FYI Jason. Hows the bass wackin been goin?

Goldtip- I think you may be wrong on that. If he used the Muzzle Loader during the muzzy season, then you are correct. But you can use one during the regular firearms season. And I may or may not be wrong, but I think you can use muzzy in shotgun zones as well, and if thats the case, I think they can be scoped as well?

IF I am wrong, someone please post.

Deitz,

You are correct. You can use a scope on a muzzeloader during the regular firearms season, but once muzzleloader season comes around, you can not use a scope.

Where do people go to site in their guns? I know a few gun ranges allow non members during certain times of the year.

My bad I stand corrected!!! Hey Jason I got half way to school today before I realized who I was talking to at Holiday this morning LOL!!!

dude thats ok.

It is ok to shoot a Scope during deer season. When muzzy comes around then you have to take the scope off.