• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

vexilar fl-8 battery charging.

Sinker

Question

This has probably been asked before but I'll ask again.Is there a rule of thumb for the charging time of fl-8 batteries w/ the charger that was supplied with the unit? The manual only says don't over or under charge.I don't have a battery status indicator.Any ideas would be great. Thanks.

8 answers to this question

Sinker,
Typically, it takes about 6-8 hrs to charge the battery. If you have the charger that has the little red indicator light, it will turn on when the battery is at full charge and will stop charging automatically. Otherwise, just charge the battery overnight and you should be at full charge.

------------------
Adam Johnson
www.adamjohnsonfishing.com

I charge my battery every time I use it, a good rule is to charge it 1/2 the time it was used, so if you use it 12 hours charge it for 6 hours this seems to work good and should extend the life of your battery.

Thanks for the info guys.That helps a great deal.The charger I have doesn't have the red light.All the responses help.Maybe next year I will upgrade to a different charger. Good Luck Fishing.

Over charging ruins more batteries than anything else. I've been using the Smart Charge from Marcum Industries. It has three lights that indicate your charge level, and will shut off the current flow from your charger, when the battery is fully charged.

Super Ron

------------------
Ron Anlauf's Guide Service http://fishingminnesota.com/ranlauf/ Phone: 320-396-2133