Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dan z

added interior pods (pics)

10 posts in this topic

I had a thread in ducks geese and waterfowl about this project and I thought I would share the results here also.

P9270004-1.jpg

P9270005-1.jpg

P9280012.jpg

P9280013.jpg

I was hoping to help make the back float with that heavy motor on the back, but I have just been told by my old man that it will just help if I capsize the boat.

Thats too bad dude!

Looks like a ton of work. It came out nice though.

Any plans to remove them now?

It won't make the boat sit higher in the water but like your dad said, "if you capsize it'll keep the boat from sinking".

Now if you would have built that same pod out the back of the boat and filled it with foam it would help with the floating. Kinda like the Beavertail pods. Helps a ton.

nope not gonna move em out just yet might not be a bad idea to have the extra floatation in the boat with that 185 pound motor sitting on the back never know I might have jinxed myself and now I'm going over boards yikes

just went to the beavertail HSOforum and I know why I tried this first. I knew the pods were expensive but my god $350 I did not even pay that much for the boat thier going on. I have had the longtail on thier for one year and it floats pretty good. If I conjer up an idea on how to make my own I will put some on her but as for right now I will have to deal with what I have

Well I have seen people do the pods them selves. Most just get a box welded up with flanges on the end and rivit it or bolt it to the boat and fill it with foam.