• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

bow setup advice

youngie22

hey guys- looking for some feedback about purchasing a new fishing bow. I already have the bow I would like to use. wondering where the best place to purchase line/ reel and accesories. Is the internet the best place to seacrh? I have seen a few things at gander and a few other stores, but just have not been satisfied. any good brands I should look at over another? any equipment you didn't like to have? lookin' to find some thing before next spring. figured now is a good time since the bow is on my mind a little more than usual. thanx for the help and advice.

Go to sullysbowfishing.com they have everything you should need. I really like the 3 barb grapler arrow. If your looking for a reel don't get anything but the bottle style. They are the best by far. Another thing I would suggest is turning your poundage down to 45 or even 40. If your ever shooting around reeds it will take you forever to get your arrow back. Good luck. Hope this helps.

I second getting a bottle reel. They are the only way to go! As for arrows and tips I like the muzzy carp point and stingray are my favorite tips. If yoy are shooting large carp in deeper water don't be afraid to up the poundage. I was drawing 55 lbs this year in open water.