• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fun on Wabasso/Owasso

pinkfloyd4ever

So I was on the larger of the two named lakes last evening. Given the nice weather, so were a few pleasure boaters. I was in the bay on the NW end throwing bucktails, there was another boat in deeper water I assume going for walleye. On the beach there was an older couple watching. This speed boat pulling a water-skier just comes flying in and buzzes the other fishing boat, makes a circle around them and then heads south back into the main lake. This boat buzzed a few other boats as well. I don't know who did it, but Ramsey Cty Sheriffs came out and began talking to the couple on the beach who began pointing at that particular boat and it seemed as if they were telling the officer about how it buzzed the other fishing boat, the guy was making a circle in the air I imagine to say how the boat came in and buzzed the guy then went back out. Sheriffs leave and then come back about 10 minutes later and sit on the beach with binoculars watching the boat. After about 20 minutes, the sheriffs leave and head to the landing to wait for that boat. My curiosity got me so I headed over to the landing too. What I was able to over hear was the guys in that boat were getting cited for buzzing that or some other boat, then as I was waiting in the line to pull my boat out I also overheard one of the officers talking about "open bottle" All 3 or 4 of the guys on that boat were on cell phones. I am assuming that they were advised that they should not drive, but get someone else over there to land the boat and drive it back home. Fun Times and it served them right, from what I saw when they buzzed that other boat saying they were 20 feet away as they circled was generous. I would love to say thanks to whomever it was that called the Police.

Its out of hand. This summer I witnessed a ski boat full of guys and gals doing 'doughnuts' around a mother duck and ducklings that were trying to cross the main bay. They thought it was just hilarious to scare the ### out of those ducks by doing tight circles around them at a high speed -- high waves everywhere. I'm surprised none drowned, maybe some did. When they were done they parked at a dock so I assume it was a lake resident. If I had a cell phone I would have been on the tip line.

Yeah, pleasure boaters are always a nuisance. They feel the fishing boats are audience to their antics. Yellow Lake, Wisconsin is the only lake I've been on with a lot of courteous pleasure boaters, who mostly kept to themselves over deep structureless water.