Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mrklean

Land around Buffalo

5 posts in this topic

Does anyone know of any land public private any around the buffalo area that is worthy trying to hunt? Im new to the area and wanted to scout out a few spots

Frankly, no. It gets pounded hard from day 1 of season. I recommend driving W or NW about an hour and hit some land. Just my opinion from past experience.

I'm with Blaze on this one. If you take HWY 15 from Hutchinson all the way up to Little Falls there is plenty of area to hunt. Of course not all on the highway but if you go 15 miles either side of 15 on that long stretch you will find lots of what you are looking for. Yes, these areas get hit but they don't get pounded. I think it's just far enough out there that the 612ers don't quite want to travel that far.

I might hae to try that way. i was just hoping i could find some close places to take my gf to, this will be her first year for upland game

ya there is alot of land around buffalo that is public. it does get pounded pretty hard but every once in awhile you get lucky and see a phesant or too. you can go on the dnr HSOforum to see what public land is around. hope this helps.