• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Go Vikings!

The only thing I salvaged from the show this weekend was these photos of the Vikings cheerleaders. They were all shot with a Panasonic Lumix P & S. The first two were shot with the flash at f3.2 and 1/30 sec. and ISO 200. The others were all shot without flash and also ISO 200. The third shot was handheld at 1/6 sec. and the last 2 were at 1/10 sec., all at F3.2.

They were at the Winery barn dance helping raise money for the Juvenile Diabetes Foundation. I followed them out into the hall to beg a photo and then they let me join them while a stranger took a picture. In the last 3 pictures, they're auctioning off bottles of wine.

2859024815_e4b3801f92_o.jpg

2857789435_1ecca14429_o.jpg

2859029087_f85bc68f8e_o.jpg

2859018307_3afb7728f0_o.jpg

2859021579_c6051575cb_o.jpg

I set everyting out as soon as I got there, except for the framed enlargements. By the time the show opened, it was already raining. I could not keep my merchandise dry. After a half hour, I finally put everything in garbage bags and stuck it all under my tables. A little after 2:00, the sun peeked out for about 10 minutes. I put everything back on the table and finally started selling a few things. However, it was still cloudy and people weren't taking much time to look at what the vendors had. It was a lot of the younger generation out there to drink wine and act silly. I was told that Sunday's crowd is a lot different. That sounded good to me. My target is women ages 50+. I was also told that the crowd was about 1/5 of normal.

Since we couldn't drive down to our booth that evening, I was forced to leave everything in garbage bags under my table. When I came back the next morning, many vendors were gone or were packing up. One lady's canopy had completely blown away and her merchandise was all exposed to the rain. The poles that held the top up on my canopy, had all come loose and the top was just blowing in the wind. It was raining with a 28 mph wind gusts and cold. I also loaded up and took my wife to the mall, so she could do some shopping.

To sum it up, it sucked. Thank goodness for the cheerleaders. I just wished I would have had a model release form on me.

Thanks Mike, I love to share. wink

Thanks Steve, I realize that. However, it would have been fun to see if I could sell a few enlargements of the girls. The reason I put my name across them is so others couldn't save and print them. I realize the photographers on this site know better, but I'm sure there are quite a few lurkers out there, some who would have no qualms about doing something like that. They are also the type that wouldn't have the know how to PP my name out and keep the photo looking good. I'm just playing it safe.

Send an e-mail of the image to the Vikes cheerleaders and find out their names. Then, if they are cool with signing them, send them model releases in the mail. Lots of pro teams are pretty tough on that kind of thing, but they may say OK in this case because you are not going to be making thousands of dollars.

Worth a try, anyway. Just my thoughts, at any rate.