• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fish Trap Scout Pictures

gvg_uwec

Does anybody know where I can find a little more detailed picture of a fishtrap scout? The only once I can ever find is the one with genz "inside" which doesnt show anything. I never really paid attention to the one man shelters and I want to start researching what one man I want but nobody has them out yet and no pictures in sight. Thanks!

It is a pretty basic one man - I believe it comes with a seat (like the one pictured as the basic jump seat in the "ice fishing gear" section).

If you travel pretty light (not a ton of gear) and only use one hole in the shack this is a pretty good option IMO. I personlly like the FT Pro cause it is big enought for two holes (one for the deadstick and other for jigging) with room to spare for my Mr Heater. Can be a little heavy to lift out of the car and can be a tight fit in the trunk depending on your car. Pulling threw the snow isn't bad unless it gets deep.

I have both the scout and the guide. I picked up the scout this year because of fishing by myself a lot and tired of hauling the guide around. It sits big enough for one hole and a little buddy heater and your flasher. the guy i bought it from uses two poles.He showed me how he set up his hole pattern and it would work. my go to walleye rod is a 32 TB. I just bought a 24 inch rod and a 28 to use in the scout. I am looking at a removable seat to use instead of the jump seat. More comfort. I bought it for about 150 in perfect shape. I stand all of 5'8" and if you are not 6'0"+ you should be fine.