• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

HSO 3rd Annual Spearing Outting----Dec 20th (updated 11/20)

bassNspear

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glenn, I believe that the DNR dropped the Dec 1 deal for spearing. Now you can decide when the ice is good to go. There have years in the metro when a guy could actually be out on the ice the day after Thanksgiving. Up north it is not unsual to be able to get out ont the ice the last weekend of deer hunting if the tags are filled. Lets hope for that deal.

are you sure about that? even so i usually head north the first weekend of dec, fotunately my little secret lake freezes up ok, but there have been many times a lot of lakes not ice covered most the wat up. last year we had 5 inches of ice then snowed 6-8 inches and ruined everything.

Glenn thanks for calling on me to check into this: From page 55 of regulations it is indeed December 1st, 2008 for spearing opener. The season goes until the last Sunday in February 2009.

I believe they were considering this - but it didn't pass.

Glenn you are right about not wanting anyone getting on the wrong side of the law. I shouldn't have mentioned it without checking it out.

BnS I was under the impression that the DNR was going to let us start spearing when we thought the ice was safe - like anglers can. Maybe it was just wishful thinking?!

Elwood you are right about spearing being on the mind when hunting - the sport can be thought of as an extension of our hunting season.

Looking forward to getting together with you all this winter - at one of the spearing outings.

Glenn thanks for calling on me to check into this: From page 55 of regulations it is indeed December 1st, 2008 for spearing opener. The season goes until the last Sunday in February 2009.

I believe they were considering this - but it didn't pass.