• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New Shad rap

bigeyes

Question

I was in Gander yesterday and picked up a #5 shadrap it was called walleye? I had never seen that color patteren before, is it a new one? Anybody have any experience with it? Also does anybody know where I can get some quality glow paint(I have not been impressed with Ganders paint)? An interesting article in Infisherman talked about small dabs of glow on the eyes off some crankbaits for night fishing? Anybody ever try this, does it work? Seems like it would be a good attractor on dark nights?

5 answers to this question

Lots of game playing. Some of my favorite Rapalas and Shad Raps are not now in production, while other new ones hit the shelves often. I realize companies need to make marketing moves to enhance the ol' bottom line, but it annoys me when they create an artificial scarcity only to later "re-issue" a proven color pattern at a higher price. For now I'm restricting my Rapala purchases to bargain bins in discount stores.

I picked up a #7 shallow diver in walleye at Gander a little over a month ago. I've caught a few walleyes on it(Although Baby Bass has been the hot color for me the past two months). Looks to be a decent pattern. I haven't seen the walleye pattern in any other store or catologue yet.

Sorry to change the subject a bit but has any body tried the jointed or the shadrap RS? I've been using the shadrap RS and the jointed shadrap. I think the jointed shadraps are great. I catch just as many if not more walleye on them than the traditional shadrap. I've been using the crawdad and bass patterns and the crawdad(red underside) by far outfishes the bass pattern. If you havn't tried them give them a shot. The RS on the other hand has not performed that well for me.

Jimmy