• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lawrance LMS 320 & Navtronics Chip Issue

NDSUski

Question

I have just purchased a new Navtronics chip for my Lawrance LMS 320. When I put the chip in the unit it beeps like it recognizes that there is a chip in it but the chip is not listed in the map options. I have been unable to get a hold of the customer support at Lawrance. And I have tried to update my LMS 320 with the downloads offered on the internet. Does anyone know what I can do to get this to work? Thanks

7 answers to this question

Are you sure the LMS-320 is compatable with the Nav chip? I don't remember seeing it on the compatabliity list??? Some of the older units like the 240s and the 15s don't work (or don't work well) with newer map chips.

If it is compatable, the first thing I would try is to wiggle or reseat the map chip in the card reader slot. If that doesn't work, see if you can try your Nav chip in a different GPS to make sure it's a good chip. And see if you can try a different chip in your 320 to make sure it can read chips. Good luck getting it figured out.

I just sold a LMS-320 and the reason I got rid of it was it didnt handle the new chips. That and I got a new bird for the dash. My x-15 doesnt handle new Nav chips either.

Try a Lakemaster Chip in it and if that dont work try to find a older Nav chip. I think I ran a 2002 Lake Superior Chip in my 320 and it worked.

I have two chips for my LMS 320, both work fine. I just know that after you put it in, you have to go to Menu, Map Data, and make sure the appropriate one is selected...if not, mine always goes to Miami Demo

I have two chips for my LMS 320, both work fine. I just know that after you put it in, you have to go to Menu, Map Data, and make sure the appropriate one is selected...if not, mine always goes to Miami Demo

Same thing with my H2Oc. I thought it wasn't reading the 2007 Navionics chip, but I had it set wrong in the menu.

Thanks for the input guys.

I did get a hold of the support people at Lowrance "finally" and they informed me that the only Navtronics chip that will work in a LMS 320 is the "Classic" version. Not the gold or premium version.

So it looks like I need to get a different chip or different GPS.