• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bass in Como?

apegs

Hello everybody,

I am new to this sight so this is my first post. I live in St. Paul and I just moved here in october. I live right by Como lake and have been fishing it alot up until it was impossible because of whatever weed growth is over taking the lake. I was just wondering if anybody has ever heard or actually caught a bass out of there.

Bass fishing was superb in como, 3lbs was a common catch................................................... that was 19yrs ago. Haven't fish it ever since the water went from gin clear then to carp brown now. I still wonder if there's any bass still in there.

If you do a search on this site for lake como, you will find a discussion in the metro forum about why there are no bass left in there. I live a couple blocks away and have fished there a lot with no luck for bass. You will have much better luck on the lakes a couple miles away, Owasso, Johanna, Phalen, and Gervais.. You just need to get out there and search some.

If you ever see a guy on Como in a tiny red sit-on-top kayak.. thats me!