• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

THANKS FOR HELPING A YOUNG KID OUT!!

Jordyn Kaufer

TFG, sounds like you could benefit by going out with somebody that knows the river.

I know some guys have open seats once in a while. Maybe you and your dad could hook up with somebody.

I will certainly think about finding someone that knows the river reall well.

I think anytime you want to learn a body of water, the best way to do it is to get out with someone or hire a guide. I had fished the Croix for two years and Big Wade and I got out with Turk this spring and really brought a lot of tools into my knowledge base. I've gone out with Walli1 as well and that helps just as more. Turk does the upper Croix and Walli1 knows below the Kinnie. There are others out there as well for the river, lakes and such. It will up your learning curve by a mile. I still can't stress enough that you have to put a lot of time in on the water. You have to learn structure and what works and what doesn't. How to feel the fish right and properly setting the hook. Nothing makes up for time fishing. It bites to get out and get skunked but it happens to everyone. It's part of the learning curve.

I would have to agree with Sandmannd. Its amazing how much you can learn from hiring a guide for the day, or half a day. Either way you learn a ton!

You can get all the fishing info you can handle on this HSOforum, but if you dont have the know-how and experience that comes from time in the boat then none of that matters.

FD

How much does it cost for a guide on the river for 1/2 a DAY?

This is Turks' HSOforum Croixsippi Guide and you can contact him to see for sure. I don't know that his prices or posted, I would just get a hold of him.

You could also get a hold of Walli1.

Like I've said, either one are great fisherman and you would learn a ton of info from each of them.

YFG, I can't help you out on the river as I'm not around that area much. However, talk to your dad...your dad and yourself ever want to come to SW MN for some fishing I'll take you out in the SS Boiler and show you how we do it down here.

Different bodies of water, at different times, during different seasons, warrent different tactics. You and dad come on down and I'll show you first hand how we do things in this corner of the state.