• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

staining dresser drawers??????

just got a new dresser that is all bare wood. I think its pine. Wife thinks it should be stained then clear coated even the interior part of the drawers. We got the outside stained and clear coated but still debating on the inside whether we should stain and clear coat or just clear coat or just leave it bare wood. Any input or opinions on this? what do you think? Thanks

I would at least clear coat it. You want to seal the wood before putting clothes in there, making the surface smoother to eliminate snags and slivers. My dad used to make furniture, and would just clear coat. He would only use one coat, but then he used a higher grade of wood, and it was sanded really smooth.

Lots of old dressers out the that have never had the drawers sealed. So your not taking any short cuts by not sealing the interior of the drawers. You'll need to steel wool the first coat and add another if your do or else your clothes will snag. I for sure wouldn't stain them.