• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pipe cleanout

Barony

We're in the process of installing duct work for the geo system, and my plumber/ HVAC guy mentioned that we have some waste pipes that do not have much drop to them, and subsequently, are half full of "stuff". He had to move some waste pipes to push some pipe. He mentioned an high pressure attachment that you can put on the end of a garden hose and feed it down the pipe from the kitchen sink trap to clean it out. Is there anything like that out there, and if yes, are they worth buying?

If to much grease goes down a kitchen drain, yes, over time it will totally clog. Cheapest and best fix would be to replace the section of partially clogged pipe, next would be to rent a drain cleaner machine, third would be call roter router.

Can I do that now or is it too late (bacteria)? They said it was half full (in a 2" pipe). It drains fine right now.
I'd steam it first,get all that grease out then use the bacteria 2-3 times a year.I use stuff called GreenPig in packets 1/2 down kitchen then the rest split in 2 bath sinks.Rinse it down and let it set overnight or longer without running water down if your leaving for a weekend or longer better.

My kitchen sink drain did that. Finally I just cut the galvanized out and replaced it with plastic. The old pipe was about half full of gunk and had started leaking. I added another inch or two of pitch with the new pipe and haven't trouble for several years. High pressure water attachment thing will just blow water out the vent (path of least resistance, tried it)