Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Quetico

Bow poundage for Geese

7 posts in this topic

I poised this question on the Geese forum. Maybe some hardcore archery hunters know. I am taking 2 new hunters for some early season geese. Its bow only on this property. What is the minimum poundage bows must be for geese in MN?

Thanks

Don't believe there is a minimum for anything other than deer and turkey. 30lbs is minimum for both.

I'd love to see that!

Well its a new development with pathways being put in but no homes yet. The developer is trying to sell home sites and the geese are getting aggressive with potential buyers. The geese are just coming right up to people. So it'd be a management hunt not a pleasure hunt. All residential geese that walk right up to people.

Are you using flu-flus with blunts? If so I found 40# is my min.Just to get a hard hit at 30-35 yds.

Man that would be fun to wack a goose with my bow. Just wondering, is this legal? And don't forget your duck and early goose stamps

This area is tough to hunt. I hunted deer last year on a property in the neighboring suburb to the east. The property owner and I had to fill out a form. It took a special OK from the sheriff. The sheriff wasnt sure if he'd allow it a second year.

We're hoping the developer swings enough lumber with the city and county to get the permit. They may require some a qualification shoot and only allow 1 or 2 people.

Man that would be fun to wack a goose with my bow. Just wondering, is this legal? And don't forget your duck and early goose stamps
Swill where ya located?I'll be out this early season,got two great spots and no other archery hunters.Its only weekdays for me and usually after their shot at(shotguns) they get spookie early.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• https://www.google.com/amp/www.newsweek.com/bernie-sanders-sponsor-single-payer-healthcare-bill-574403%3Famp%3D1?espv=1   http://www.attn.com/stories/15946/democrats-supporting-health-care-plan   http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/446104/republican-health-care-bill-collapses-democrats-go-single-payer-universal-program
    • Same here. And look how well twetter is working for da prez!!
    • All forums have a certain shelf life. There is only so long that the debate over Ford/ Chevy, Vex/Marcin. Eskimo/ Strike master, Ice Castle / Yeti can keep your attention. After a while most just slip away. New people are using social apps more that the old forum formats and that is that. The only thing saving silly town is that politics is the gift that keeps on giving. 
    • Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham is among GOP leaders saying Republicans and Democrats now need to work together on a fix. Over the weekend, Rep. Betty McCollum and Sen. Al Franken – both Democrats — said they agreed with Graham. “That is what we need to do,” Franken said on WCCO Sunday Morning. “Speaker Ryan said at the end of this process that the Affordable Care Act is the the law of the land. We need to address what’s wrong with the Affordable Care act, what isn’t working.” Immediately after pulling the bill, Trump said he would be willing to work with Democrats on health care.     Too big to fail.....deja vu
    • Catzman wins again for the 3rd time with a score of 365   2--fishingstar  359 3--Juneau4  346 4--Musky999  336 5--Swiveldigger  333 6--gregg52   308 7--jar jar    301 8--BlackLundProV  280 9--huckfin  276 10-mnwildman  260 ________________________ Standings overall 1--Catzman  1314 2--Juneau4  1243 3--Musky999  1223 4--fishingstar  1212 5--gregg52  1208 6--mnwildman  1205 7--jar jar  1195 8--Swiveldigger  1139 9--huckfin  1120 10-BlackLundProV  1112 
    •     I saw a couple of statements in the media yesterday from Dem leadership to the effect that they would be interested in working with Ryan on this.  One from our very own Al Franken.  So that tells me they most likely already are.      
    •   The 20" box fan thread was very informative, and lasted for years....
    • Possibly but it seems like the Democrats are now in the beginning stages of floating single payer. Lots of talk on that since the neocons dropped the ball
    • Kinda like the Eskimo thread on I.S. some years back?
  • Our Sponsors