• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bow poundage for Geese

Quetico

I poised this question on the Geese forum. Maybe some hardcore archery hunters know. I am taking 2 new hunters for some early season geese. Its bow only on this property. What is the minimum poundage bows must be for geese in MN?

Thanks

Well its a new development with pathways being put in but no homes yet. The developer is trying to sell home sites and the geese are getting aggressive with potential buyers. The geese are just coming right up to people. So it'd be a management hunt not a pleasure hunt. All residential geese that walk right up to people.

This area is tough to hunt. I hunted deer last year on a property in the neighboring suburb to the east. The property owner and I had to fill out a form. It took a special OK from the sheriff. The sheriff wasnt sure if he'd allow it a second year.

We're hoping the developer swings enough lumber with the city and county to get the permit. They may require some a qualification shoot and only allow 1 or 2 people.

Man that would be fun to wack a goose with my bow. Just wondering, is this legal? And don't forget your duck and early goose stamps
Swill where ya located?I'll be out this early season,got two great spots and no other archery hunters.Its only weekdays for me and usually after their shot at(shotguns) they get spookie early.