• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

legion and town ball tourneys

glenn57

i heard the state tourney for town ball is in shokapee is this correct? also i kinda heard some resule on the legion tourney anyone know anything more. is it over, what. the paper in my area is not a good source of info unless its the river bats. mad

The town ball state tournament is starting this weekend and runs all the way through labor day. The two host sites are Chaska and Shakopee. The legion tourney already over with and was this past weekend. A surprising Eastview team made the run though district and the state tournament without losing a game to take home the hardware. Eden prairie came all the way through the losers bracket playing 8 games in 4 days to take 2nd. I believe edina took third.

Yes, Cold Spring won the State VFW Tournament in Perham last weekend..... Excellent 4 days of baseball.. All the teams lookedgood, was a matter of who could hit the ball timely and have the least errors, (which killed our team, 3 errors but all allowed runs to score)

so, is it just our local paper that refuses to cover these tournaments other than a tiny piece down in the corner or does it happen all over? some time back i called the st cloud times to tell them that they should do a story on the state ameater tourney. it was labor day, the day to decide the champs. ok 4 teams and one family had 4 members of its family, 3 brothers and a son-inlaw, playing for 3 different teams playing for the championship and they didnt do a story. whats up with that! i thought it was news worthy.

go ahead, im willing to share. lisa from the womens forum did it for me. thats a pretty fun forum to check out. those girls can be pretty hard on the men that dare to converse with them.

soooo, with the gals out of town on there gtg you and bns have to give me the business now in there absence? grinlaughcrazy maybe i did learn a thing or to from them, maybe they learned a lot from me. smirkwhistle

Got to give props to Randolph from the class C tournament. They lost their first game and are done but they did qualify for state after going 0 and 26 last year!! The biggest turnaround that I've ever heard of.