• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

home made duck blind help?

I have a great design for a boat duck blind, and it has made it through one year of use. Basically it is two different sizes of square aluminum tubing that slides into one another. There are holes drilled for pins that you can set the height. The only problem, and my question at hand is the clamps that I have fastened to the boat. I have searched and searched, and the best thing I could find was those clamps that hold truck toppers on. They just do not work that well. Its hard to get the frame screwed into the clamp. I would love some sort of clamp that I could put a nut and bolt through. You guys have any ideas where I can get a look at some random clamps used for various things. I checked fleet,northern tool, and many other hardware type stores.....thanks

My dad built me a blind for my boat several years ago that was a series of bent conduit pieces in the shape of squared C. Those pieces slid into bases that consisted of a slighty larger piece of conduit, a set screw to tension the top section in place, all mounted to a piece of PVC that snapped on the gunnel of the boat. The PVC piece had a channel cut into it that allowed to fit tightly over the gunnel.

Zeek, where do you live? I could show it to you if you were close to where I lived. Or, if I got super motivated and you were (or anyone) was interested, I could post some pictures. It's the best homemade blind I've had. And, I've tried a bunch of different setups.