Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wplatehunter

Yamaha Prop

7 posts in this topic

I have a spare prop for a 2000 yamaha 100 4-stroke would it fit a 2003 Yamaha 200hp? Thanks for the info.

I don't know if it would fit or not, but it's not very likely that a prop for a 100 4-stroke is going to work very well on a 200. I'd guess the 200 will want a lot more pitch than the 100, and maybe even a different style prop.

PerchJerker is right it should fit, but it is a completely wrong size. Check with your boat dealer to find out what you should be running to match up with your boat.

If it doesn't fit let me know, I have a 2001 Yamaha 80hp 4stroke and I think it will fit mine. smile

I just used 19 pitch (for example only) and it lists different numbers. The diameter is different for one thing. The 100 uses a 13 x 19 and the 200 would be 14 1/2 x 19. But as others have said, pitch would an issue anyway.

Ok thanks it is new and I was going to use it for a spare only, or sell it and get a different one. I will check to see if it fits. If it does fit running it for a short time would not hurt anything if it a different pitch would it?

I highly doubt a 70-130hp Yamaha prop will work on a 150hp and up motor. The gearcase is bigger on the 150up motors. Besides the prop will not have sufficient diameter to work right on that 200.