• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ice house mod

evinrude19

after seeing everyone mod out there house i decided to this is what it looks like but i still need to put seats in it but i am hoping to bring to the TB show. What do you think? also i have yet to make the carpet permanent yet so its just laying on it right now.

Picture003.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Picture002.jpg

Definitely on the right track! Looking good!

I was like you and had a lot of 2x2 supports holding the deck up. After a couple of revisions I found I could get rid of a third of the weight buy building the framework for the deck stronger and eliminating the supports. The top deck in mine rests on top of some homemade brackets that are bolted to the tub (4 all together). The only support left for the deck is right in the middle.

There is no right or wrong way which makes it a lot of fun to see how everyone tackles it. I think I ended up redoing mine three times and it still isn't done!! blush I'll probably bring mine to the get together as well.

Looks good, the only suggestion I have is to get rid of the big battery and buy a spare vex battery. I went the rought of an older boat battery and it's killer on the weight. Changed it out with a vex battery last year and it's noticably lighter.

I saw an aluminum ladder section used for support; I think that is how I would go if I were modding again. But I have no transportation other than my legs so I will be happy to have a shack out there stripped of all but what I need that day. The heater and propane tank are reserved for the coldest days/nights and then I plan on fishing close to the access unless the surface is nice and hard.