Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
LoonState

lost rod by the lilydale boat launch 8-8-08

i know this is a long shot but i was fishing down by the lilydale boat launch friday night by the wing dams. And i accidently left one of my rods down there. brought 3 left with 2.... it is a 7' white catfish rod from Gander mountain. tip is glow in the dark green with a spinning rod on it and 65lb power pro on it. pretty sure it wont turn up just thought i would try and give this a shot i have seen other people find poles on here after they lost them

Johnny,

Did you have a fire going? I think we saw your fire, but to dark to see you. Did you guys get anything?

If you saw a fishing boat with head lights, that was us grin.

quackkills,

If I had found out earlier in the day (if it had been posted around 12:15 am Saturday), we sure would have looked for ya.

Sorry and good luck!

me and my buddies were off the second one downstream from the launch, i left it by the logs on shore but then we jumped in the boat and headed up the river. thats how i forgot it. yea we had a fire going for a little bit. had two runs on bull heads and one on cut bait. landed one on a frog i caught by shore, about a 15-18lb channel. nothin else the rest of the night. heading back out after work to give it another try and maybe check in the woods to see if someone maybe threw it in the woods or somethin.

maybe check in the woods to see if someone maybe threw it in the woods or somethin.

I'm not sure how familiar you are with the area, but a single guy wondering around out there in the woods will likely draw some attention from Sen. Larry Craig's cronies who hang out in those woods.

That's why I always bring the GF when I go fishing down there.

Originally Posted By: quackkills
maybe check in the woods to see if someone maybe threw it in the woods or somethin.

I'm not sure how familiar you are with the area, but a single guy wondering around out there in the woods will likely draw some attention from Sen. Larry Craig's cronies who hang out in those woods.

That's why I always bring the GF when I go fishing down there.

Oh Mr. Short Shorts won't bother you. He seems very timid. I have passed by him many times and we always say hi. I think people scare the guy or at least he is very timid around them. Not that I want to strike up a conversation with him or anything and give him the wrong idea. crazy