Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Yellowhead

WACHEW LOOKIN AT!

4 posts in this topic

I like that shot. Kinda has that look like you were out with the guys all night drinking and you stumble in at 4am.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Anyone else try one of these retracting clothes line reels for an anchor rope?  I saw the idea on YouTube thought I'd try it and it's worked great all summer.  You just pull out all the plastic clothes line and replace in with paracord. The paracord is tied to the last 6" or so of clothes line so don't let that end slip back into reel.  Then instead of having anchor rope all over the place it gently goes back into the reel. It holds about 40' which is plenty for me. 
    • Or some Kapernick toilet paper.
    • Like I said very difficult concept to understand.
    • I always thought that you cut into the base of the antlers and count the number of rings.?    
    • That explains A LOT.  I'm guessing you've done this many times.  Trump/Clinton, Ford/Chevy, Lund/Alumacraft, McDonalds/Burger King.....
    • The LED pancake lights only draw about 0.25 amps when both sides of the light are on . Each light has a 3 position switch... 1 side, both sides, and off. We have 3 of them across on the ceiling and they give off good light. We hooked the power up to a set of 3-way wall switches so that you can turn in on by the door or by the bed. The nice part about have separate switches on the lights themselves is you can turn off the rear light is someone is sleeping, or the front light if you are watching a movie.
    • The bed is being make out of 1" square aluminum tubing. I estimate it to only be about 13 lbs once finished. The tube will be cut and welded into a frame. The diamond shape braces will be 1" angle aluminum for support.
    • The buck in the picture is from private land not far from Duluth.  Not much ag land in the area.  The propertyI'm hunting has a lot of apple trees and thats what he's after in this picture.  Not a lot of oaks/acorns from what I can see, not sure what all the other properties have for food.  This is my first year hunting this land so my scouting hasn't been super extensive yet.
    • It wll depend some on farmland buck or northwoods brush eating buck. 1.5 easy, 2.5 fairly easy, 3.5 and older a much tougher buck to age. Used to send our jaws to Madelia,MN for aging and or we were lucky at the old Gene's Standard gas station in New York Mills MN as in the 80's and early 90's there was a guy from the DNR there aging them for us, the drawback was if you wanted to headmount they seemed to cut up the cheek to check the teeth or tooth that like a ring on a tree told him the age. I'd guess 4.5 year old in the picture but does mild winters and genetics play a part, I'd think so.
  • Our Sponsors