• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

3000 Series Shimanos

Matt Johnson

All the new Shimano spinning reel series are now coming out with a 3000 model. A great fit for a lot of bass situations in my opinion. A great dock reel as well as jigging. They have the larger handle too. The new Symetre and Sahara are very nice and for the price they are excellent reels. Once you jump up to the Stradic you get the HEG gearing, some cool stuff.

I've been very pleased with the new addition of the 3000 series of the line-up of Shimano spinning reels. Looks like they're thinking about us bass guys smile

All the new Shimanos will have a 3000 series, at least everything from Sahara on up so far...

We have the new Sahara, Symetre, Saros, Stradic, Stradic MG, Sustain and Stella at Thorne Bros...

I think you will be very impressed even with the new Sahara, a big step up in my opinion...

Hey Matt, I know this is a little of topic, but does Thorne Brothers have the new Curado or Citica? And do you have any of the new bait casters just released from Pflueger, Quantum, Abu? Lots of great upgrades for 2009, but can't find them anywehere yet.

The new Shimano Curado and Citica have not been released to the stores yet. We were told sometime in September or October...

We have a lot of the new Abu's in-stock. All the Revo's and soon we'll have the new Toro...

The only Quantum we carry are the Energy and PT Tourny Burners...

No Pfluegers...

What ever happened to the "quick fire" feature on spinning reels? I see Shimano doesn't offer it on most models any more.

I know there are issues with hook sets if you are careful since the reel will rotate backwards until it reaches the top position, but they are great for casting.

WIWF- They still offer that option on quite a few models. The Spirex is the top of the line with that feature. While Shimano sells quite a few with the quickfire, more people prefer the instant anti reverse.. and unfortunatly you cant have both...