• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Forgot to summerize...

bmc2b

I forgot/never got around to summerize my 2-stroke sleds(water cooled). Is it ok to just start them and let them idle for a few minutes every couple of weeks at this point? Or should I still summerize them seeing that it is almost August? Thanks.

Depending on where it's stored, I would put fogging oil in the cylinders(pull over a couple times slowly to lube) and leave it as is for now. This fall you'll probably want to remove the gas and clean the carbs.

as long as you run them once a month or so you should be fine I fogged mine in may and have not had to bother with going out to start it. if I did not fog it every off season I would start it and would want to go do grass drags!!

You may be ok, but I would pull the carbs and give them a good cleaning. It would sure be sad if you have some slime in them and end up with a burn down. A couple cans of carb cleaner and a a couple hours is cheap insurance against meeting Mr. Squeaky.

If you have not run it since March or April, and there has been unstabilized fuel in the carbs, it does not take long for green slime to form with the gasoline of today.