Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chillincarp870

1996 Ford Ranger CHECK ENGINE light

6 posts in this topic

hey guys i checked the code for the light and it was P1443 Evaporative Emission System Control Valve (low/no flow). Does anyone know what needs to be fixed? Is it the Gas cap?? Any info is very much needed and appreciated. Thanks everyone

That particular code has a totla of 43 steps in order to diagnose. Unless one of the Ford guys chimes in with a known problem you're probably looking at bringing it in.

The gas cap codes are typically a P044? code. The P01443 is a little deeper in the EVAP system than a gas cap.

thanks for the help. Do you know what im looking at? the guy at Checker said gas cap. But I find that hard to belive. Is it a major problem? Can I still make the trip up North?

These were comon for canister purge solenoids, and pressure sensors going bad, ford has a kit, but it is different with engine sizes. If you give me the engine size I could give you the part #, or if you give me your email address I will send you the tsb. 96-6-8

Thanks 4we my engine is the v6 3.0 183ci and if you want to shoot me an email it would be great. I will be out of service this weekend but will get back on Monday. By the way is it still ok to drive?

It will be fine to drive no worries! Emmissions only!

F57Z-9C987-CA Canister Purge Solenoid/Flow Sensor Assembly - 3.0L

Sending the email now!