• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

After the spawn?

updecreek

With the water level dropping and the hotter water will the cat fish go to the deeper holes After the spawn?

mid season low water or late season low water?

Do they still come to around the same area to feed?

Good question, I would like to know as well.

I’ve felt pretty confident this year with the prespawn, but the confidence has dropped in the past week as I see less fish and the spawn progresses.

I can say this though. In years past I’ve seen a significant number of postspawn Flats caught on cutbait and in snags. wink

Over the weekend we averaged 3-4 fish per night and I think that is probably a bit more typical of what you might expect postspawn.

I have a feeling that this fish still had a few eggs in her smile

eggs.jpg

Up on the Miss. North, with the water dropping, end of spawn and post spawn the channels school up in the deeper holes.

I fish fresh or frozen cut baits just up from the hole, either side of the hole and down stream from the hole. Some of these spots have channels stacked to the hill. In the next week, we will start to hit some of these spots and many channels a night is not uncommon.