• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

To go with CFRay's Rooftop mallard...

I was sitting out in the garage in my little fishin shop and heard some commotion going on outside. Then I hear the quack quack and knew what was going on. I ran in the house and grabbed the duck call and started chatting with the hen. Hey, it's been a while, what can I say.

Quack?

2606177172_28fcdb54a7_b.jpg

Ol' Drake didn't like me makin passes at his girl.

2606178066_5e30188919_b.jpg

It was really hard to get a good exposure, one direction I had blue sky background and ended up with a silhoette (sp?) or a properly exposed mallard and a blown out background. The other direction, I had little to no light, so I did what I could and got these two shots. Canon Digital Rebel with a 70-200 F4L.

It was really hard to get a good exposure, one direction I had blue sky background and ended up with a silhoette (sp?) or a properly exposed mallard and a blown out background. The other direction, I had little to no light, so I did what I could and got these two shots. Canon Digital Rebel with a 70-200 F4L.

You can try blending. I am still learning that technique but there is a link to it Link to to a Link to Stfcatfishes original post about blending

Tom, not much you can do about the dynamic range of your sensor, so I think its best to pick the best exposure for the subject. Sure you can do a lot in PS but grab shots are just what they are. You are really telling a story here so I wouldn't sweat a perfect exposure when you have little time to set one up.

Why build a blind? I'm thinking a lawn chair, lounger type would be good and a small cooler. Then start calling and wait for the mallards to show up on the roof.