• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Finally bought my fishing licence and got out to do a little fishing

Kylersk

Bought my fishing licence this past Saturday and even took my boat out for the first time. We decided to try for some eye balls.. We only fished for 3 hours or so because it was really slow. Only 3 confirmed fish bites. One was a bass that flipped off right before it got to the boat.

Then I got a nice bite, at first I thought it was a snag, but I quickly realized it wasnt. As I was reeling it in, it made a run and snags dont usually move under the boat and make you switch sides smile After a few minutes of it just peeling line I decided to try to bring it in. Once we saw it, we new it was a decent northern and knew that a net was needed. My buddy grabbed the net, scooped up the fish, started to pull it into the boat when all of a sudden, the fish was back in the water. It broke my net! I got a nice line burn on my finger but somehow I still had the fish on the line with the net in the middle. So we tried one more time to land it. Now I had to fight the net and fish but managed to land it (hole in net and all). After the battle I ended up landing a fairly nice, just shy of 35" northern.

It would have been nice to land a Walleye or 2, but or the first fish of the season, I cant complain and it made a nice story.

35pikesmall.jpg