• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

lakemaster chip question

Fever

I'm buying an Ifinder H2O gps unit and I'm wondering How much the local (Minnesota) lake chip will cost me on top of the cost of the unit itself. Do I have to buy the chip or is it possible to borrow a chip from someone to load the info into the unit?

Only thing is that when your buddy wants his chip back your SOL. In other words...it doesn't load anything to your unit and then you don't need your chip.

IMO spend the extra cash and pick up your own chip. Well, well worth it. You'll want the MN ProMap chip. $99.00 on the lakemaster HSOforum.

Thanks all... made the purchase. I figured 99.00 an investment I can use to make every trip out a bit more successfull. I hope my wife views it as such. For some reason I doubt she will.

A wise man once said: It's better to ask for forgiveness than permission.

fever, have fun with your new toy. sat in my boat in the garage for hours on end this winter when i first got it. the smaller lakes are just glorified versions of the dnr maps, while the enhanced maps are pretty sweet. having said that, these maps are not accurate to the foot and there will be differences with your sonar. it still will be a geat tool for your trips. for future reference, i always buy my boy stuff only after the mrs. go shopping fo shoes, purses, rugs, drapes, ....... ....... ........ .............................!

A hint - get the jobberdo that lets you run the thing off your cig lighter. YOu'll go through a ton of batteries otherwise. That chip will make you think you really are a fisherman!!!