• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

"96" Z-71 brake problem today

Today I had my buddy back the trailer into the lake like normal and when I had the boat loaded the truck wouldn't move forward So then he got out and I got in and put it in 4 DIG and still couldn't go in reverse or forward, so then put in 4 LOW and then I was able to drag the right rear tire up the ramp and then once I got out of the way I put it in reverse and then finally under a lot of torque she broke loose.

What could be causing this and whats the best remedy for it?

A little bit on saturday. I had to back the truck in a ways at shallow access to unload. But then drove it 60 miles back home that day and had no problems unloading the boat this morning and actually my P brake is disconnected for a couple years now kind of a wierd deal if you ask me and I am mechanically inclined, but have never witnessed a brake doing that before.

Quick ? for ya by the way How do ya quote just a portion of somebody's reply Not very computer inclined laugh

I'll have to think about the brakes over night but I would bet it had something to do with them being wet. It wouldn't hurt to give them or at least the side that was hung up, a good once over just to make sure everything is in its correct place!

The edited quote, simple click the quote bottom on the bottom of the post you want to quote. Highlight everything you want to delete and delete it. Do not delete anything that is in the "[" "]" or the "[" "]".

You didn't say if it was drum or disc rear, but being a 96 I assume its drum. Depending on what hardware was left in place or removed, it could be related to the E-brake being disconnected. Otherwise it sounds like it could be a brake lining delaminated from the shoe and jammed. In any case its time to pull the drum and do an inspection.

Another way to do a quote is to high lite what you want, copy, click the "switch to full reply screen" then click on the quotation marks, then paste it in between the quotaion marks.

It could be just from the water, but I would pull it apart and check it out as well!

The quote button lets us know who you quoted,

Another way to do a quote is to high lite what you want, copy, click the "switch to full reply screen" then click on the quotation marks, then paste it in between the quotaion marks.