• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Prop repair

dakotakid31

Hit something hard at the isle access and did a bit of damage to the ole prop and would like to see if it can be fixed or if i need to buy a new one. Any recomendations on a good prop shop somewhat close to Big Lake?

I went through a shop in east St. Cloud who does real nice work. They let me trial a number of props and repitched a prop for me a couple of years ago. Quality work and nice prices. I think they have a Sauk Rapids address, and they are located off highway 23 east behind the Hitchin Post. I don't want to mention their name in case they are not on the approved list of this site.

Not sure out there, but I went to Lances in Forest Lake it was $50. I think that's about the general price. You can spend three times that on a new prop. You could always get new and then get this one fixed and you would always have a spare.

Dakota, I have the very same motor on my 17 Angler SS. I found that the Yamaha props worked better than did the other brands. I trialed a couple of different ones and settled on the 17 (I think). I paid $75.00 for a fresh-made used Yamaha aluminum prop.

Hit a rock hard this weekend on my I/O. Luckily it only took a chunck out of one blade. Since I pass thru Forest Lake daily, I'm going to give Lance's a try for the first time. Since it is only one blade the fix is only half the normal $50 charge.

With lake levels being so low (at least 10-12"+)- I think I'll be keeping my spare on until the levels come back up, or I wreck another prop - which ever comes first.