• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

fuel gauge lund pro guide not working

bobbyG

2008 Lund pro guide fuel gauge does not work and did not work brand new. Dealer thought it would start working with some wave pounding but it does not work yet. All electrical in boat works fine except for fuel gauge (night navigation light will come on though). On second tank of gas and was wondering if anyone knows how to take off gauge from the front (if possible) without having to tear apart the new electronics command center. Old ones you could reach it from the electronics hole and the 08's have gauges self enclosed.

If there is some place else to try fixing it please advise me of this also. 75 Yamaha tiller(FYI) All fuses are good unless there is a hidden one some place I do not know about.

Like to try fixing it myself before having to drive it back to dealer on warranty. (another fuel issue!$$)

The sending unit could have been installed in the wrong direction inside the tank. This happenned to mine and I pulled the floor out, undid the electrical line and then pulled the geuge with the float out. The float needs to be installed so the arm can swing free from the top of the fuel level to the bottom without hitting the side or edge of the tank.

Just a thought.

The other might be that the gauge wires are not connected somewhere. Can you test the wire to the gauge to see if it is hot?

I thinks that's just great advice after buying a new boat. "Oh that doesn't work? Just go pound some waves with it." Priceless!

LOL, I have to say I agree with this.

I would take boat to dealer, since it's new it is under warranty.

But....if you want to check it yourself you should find the cover for the fuel tank sending unit, usually a 4"/6"/8" plate on floor of boat where the fittings are hidden under. There should be 2 wires a pink, and a black. Get a small wire and use it as jumper between the 2, fuel gauge should read FULL, if not you have a problem at sending unit or wiring to gauge.

It is no danger to do this, fuel gauges work measuring resistance to the -Neg from battery, there is no danger of spark etc.