• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Camp cot question

Cots should have a rubber boot of some kind over the bottom of each leg. I've never had a problem with them. If you feel you need extra protection cut some 4x4" pieces of plywood, round the corners, sand them if needed and place one under each leg.

Yes they will damage the floors, even if they have the hard rubber boots. We use small cardboard squares under the rubber boots and have never had a problem. You need something to get between the hard rubber boot and the hard surface under the tent. Have camped for a week, without moving, and never had a problem with wear marks in the tent floor.

I have a cot and I have not used anything yet. I just bought a new tent and was worried about this. Went to the local store and got those rubber things that you put under furniture. Cheap and they should help. The cot does not have the rounded U shape that some have. I have the Slumberjack XL. Love it by the way.