Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Wish-I-Were-Fishn

Camp cot question

Do camp cots damage tent floors?

I have been using a self inflating pad, but had hip surgery over the winter and it is easier to get up from a more elevated position like a cot. However, I don't want to damage my tent floor.

Cots should have a rubber boot of some kind over the bottom of each leg. I've never had a problem with them. If you feel you need extra protection cut some 4x4" pieces of plywood, round the corners, sand them if needed and place one under each leg.

Yes they will damage the floors, even if they have the hard rubber boots. We use small cardboard squares under the rubber boots and have never had a problem. You need something to get between the hard rubber boot and the hard surface under the tent. Have camped for a week, without moving, and never had a problem with wear marks in the tent floor.

Yeah, I wondered about that. I like the cardboard idea.

I camp up at Voyaguers and they have sand filled tent pads for the tent. I figured the legs on the cot would push the tent floor fabric down and tear, or strech it out.

Thanks.

I have a cot and I have not used anything yet. I just bought a new tent and was worried about this. Went to the local store and got those rubber things that you put under furniture. Cheap and they should help. The cot does not have the rounded U shape that some have. I have the Slumberjack XL. Love it by the way.